In terms of paid employment our national office in Canberra employs both full-time and part-time staff. Our publishing program also utilises both part-time and contracted editorial support.
- The ADA Board of Directors are seeking indications of interest in the challenging and high-profile position of federal executive director of the Association.
- Although generally advantageous, the position does not necessarily require prior service wth the defence force or an intelligence or security agency.
- Specific criteria for the position and the remuneration details can be obtained from our national office — (02) 6231-4444.
- This is a full-time position involving a normal working week plus being on-call for general contact and media comment (by telephone) at other times.
- Due to the extensive parliamentary and other liaison involved the executive director generally needs to work from our national office in Canberra.
- The starting date is negotiable but our target period is early to mid 2017.
- The contract period is also negotiable but we seek an initial commitment of around 3-4 years.
- Those genuinely interested should consult the incumbent or our national president.
- We seek the services of a cartoonist to illustrate and broaden how our website and publications tackle their informed coverage of strategic security, defence and wider national security issues.
- Payment would be on either a per-cartoon or series basis.
- The position is available as of now to the right applicant and offers considerable scope for imagination and for artistic growth as a contributor to our editorial team.
- The work involved can be undertaken from your home location but good Internet contact and up-to-date software are essential.
- Knowledge of Australian and international current affairs is essential and advantageous respectively. Some knowledge of Australian strategic security, defence and wider national security issues is also obviously an advantage.
- The criteria and responsibilities for the position can be obtained from by ringing our national office in Canberra on (02) 6231-4444.
Back to Employment with the ADA