We are a broadly community-based, strictly independent, staunchly non-partisan, national public-interest watchdog organisation.
Our members come from all walks of life but share intellectual and practical interests concerning Australia's strategic security over the long term.
- ADA Membership is open to all Australians who believe in the need for informed and effective public debate about:
- Australia's strategic security, our common defence and our liberty and sovereign freedom of action as a nation;
- our domestic security and unity as a national community; and
- preserving a logical and practical balance between potentially competing needs for community security, civil liberties, adequate defence capabilities and other key national investment priorities.
- The vast majority of ADA members have never served in our defence force, a police force or with one of our intelligence and security agencies (although many have).
In summary, we seek to represent the long-term national interest concerning public-policy issues integral to Australia's strategic and domestic security – not any sectional interest.
- As necessary consequences of our independence, community base and non-partisanship please note that:
- We do not institutionally represent the profession of arms.
- We do not otherwise collectively represent the men and women of the Australian Defence Force.
- We are not a defence industry or other commercial body in any shape or form.
- We are not a war veterans or ex-Service organisation (ESO).
- We have no political affiliations, inclinations or agendas.
- Further detail on who we are, what we do, and why and how we do it, can be found on our frequently-asked-questions pages.
Back to Home